I am currently recruiting a Design Manager for a busy Main Contractor who has recently won an exciting Commercial Project in West London valued at £50m. It is a great time to join the business as they have an extremely strong order book and can offer excellent career progression.
We are looking for the best of the best and candidates will need to have good exposure on a similar size project with a main contractor or reputable developer. We are open to candidates from a residential background.
Salary is very much dependant on experience but there is flexibility for high performers who have successfully delivered large commercial projects in the past.
Design Manager Responsibilities:
* Regular meetings with the production team and ensuring all technical issues are addressed immediately
* Manage and coordinate external consultants
* Prepare technical specifications
* Liaise with key personnel within the project team in preparation of project costing and design works
* Control the design process, from planning application through to project completion
* Ensure consultants prepare the detailed design by Employers Requirement and Contractors Proposals
* Manage and review the design development process ensuring value engineering and buildability are considered
* Set up information registers and ensure information control is following all relevant procedures
* Review design development to allow construction of works to follow safe working practices
Design Manager Background:
* Over five years’ experience as a design/technical manager with a developer/main contractor
* Previous Commercial/Residential experience is essential
* History of completing projects on time and budget
* A degree in Architecture or Engineering
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious and driven Design Manager to work with a leading and reputable main contractor in their field. To apply for this role please forward your CV to the link provided or call Darren on (phone number removed)