Why work for us?
At Howdens we invest in our people and provide thorough on the job training and excellent career progression opportunities. We have been awarded a place in the top 25 Best Companies to Work for in the Sunday Times for recognition of excellence in the workplace.
Howdens Joinery, a trade only business with over 700 depots, has built a reputation that builders can trust through offering best local price and providing product from local stock. Our unbeatable service and product has led to us becoming a market leader, which is why we were awarded the Royal Warrant of Appointment to Her Majesty the Queen 2015 for our quality and excellence. Despite its scale, Howdens remains a local business with traditional values.
We are proud of our substantial growth and remain committed to success through the expansion of our local depot network. We are seeking talented people to help us continue to grow our business.
Summary of the Role
To plan, design and sell, with the aid of computer aided designs (CAD), the full range of Howden Joinery products, keeping in mind safety and practicality, with the objective of achieving and exceeding depot and Company sales and growth targets.
• Plan, design and sell inspirational kitchens using the Company's range of products with the highest level of customer service.
• Develop long term collaborative business relationships with customers from the building trade and their clients.
• Utilise Howdens unique 'My Kitchen' service which offers the ability to create and view high quality images.
• You will be required to visit sites to measure and evaluate the customer's needs.
• Previous design (CAD) and/or sales experience is preferred but not essential.
• Correctly process estimates, pricing, delivery dates and stock requirements for your customer.
• You will be required to use your own vehicle during business hours, and travel expenses will be reimbursed accordingly.
• Excellent customer service skills
• Able to communicate effectively at all levels
• Ability to achieve and exceed sales targets
• You will have strong creativity skills
• You must hold a driving licence
• Planning and organising skills
• A desire for continuous personal and professional development
• Proven experience in a Trade Designer role
In return for your hard work and commitment you will be rewarded with some great benefits, which include:
• Competitive salary
• Monthly depot performance bonus
• Matched contribution pension scheme
• Team incentives and outings
• 24 days holiday, rising to 26 days after 5 years
• Staff discount on Howdens products
• Share awards and prize draws