Elvie are Bristol's most exciting and fastest growing engineering businesses . Our products are fighting long standing taboos , empowering women across the globe and taking the Femtech world by storm through innovative technology. We are looking for a Quality Engineer to work with their suppliers to create a continuous improvement culture and raise quality standards.
We develop smarter technology for women and are committed to building extraordinary products that improve women's lives.It's a fascinating and challenging area to be addressing as it requires all our employees to stretch themselves and solve problems that no-one's tackled before. That's why we're looking for skilled, curious individuals who want to grow by surrounding themselves with a diverse array of outstanding people.
Our street cred includes more than 12 awards for innovation and design, including the prestigious CES Innovation Award, IDA Design Award and Red Dot Award.
As a business, Elvie has received more than 30 awards (including a prestigious Red Dot design award), was named one of 15 startups "To Watch" by The Sunday Times and Business Insider, ranked as the 13th fastest growing business in the UK by SyndicateRoom. Tania Boler has recently been rated as the 8th most influential people shaping british technology in 2019 by Business Insider and both products have been featured in the Oscar Nominee Gift Bags.
In April 2019, Elvie announced a $42 million , bringing the total raised thus far to over $50 million. Our Series B represented the largest ever fund-raise in Femtech. This new round of financing accelerated Elvie's research and development efforts, and has helped grow brand awareness and distribution. That growth is expected to continue into 2021 with ambitious plans and new exciting product launches.
The Supplier Quality Engineer will report to the Head of Manufacturing, you will take the lead in creating structure and harmonisation within the Elvie supply base. You will do this through creating and implementing a supplier management programme which defines what we expect from our suppliers, how we interact with them and monitors performance on an ongoing basis.
You will also play an active role in creating a supplier development strategy which will ultimately influence award of business and order allocation.
The role will involve (but not be limited to):
● New supplier selection
● Lead supplier auditing activity and associated paperwork and follow up activities (inc. audit
reporting, SCAR / NC closure, ASL updates)
● Act as a key stakeholder in the acceptance of new suppliers into the Elvie supplier portfolio
● Define agenda and implement regular communication channels (weekly/monthly) with all key
suppliers for the purpose of reviewing current performance, trends and progress
● Manage daily in-flow of Quality documentation (e.g. inspection reports, production KPI's, audit
feedback) from suppliers
● Support the wider Quality team and CI team with the timely resolution of product quality
● Ensure proactive top level management of SCAR's (supplier corrective action reports)
● Regular internal reporting on supplier performance (KPI's, issues and risk)
● Create a supplier development programme alongside key stakeholders in Quality,
Manufacturing and Operations
● Lead implementation of supplier development programme across all strategic suppliers with a
view to harmonise quality and manufacturing best practice principles
● Manage audit programme to assess and track supplier progress
● Support the introduction of improved quality data systems
● Monitor and lead internal reviews of monthly supplier quality data sets
● Identification of issues, changes in trends and opportunities for improvement
We are looking for a seasoned supplier quality professional with extensive experience in developing and driving an effective supplier management and development agenda. You will know what good looks like and have demonstrable experience in implementing it.
What we need from you:
● Strong personality with the ability to lead and influence internal and external stakeholders
● Significant quality systems and supplier assessment auditing experience (ISO 9001 and ISO
13485 lead auditor qualifications desirable)
● Significant supplier management experience
● Knowledge of Quality tools, techniques, theories and their application - Gage R&R studies, FAI reports, Capability studies, PFMEA, control plans, P-Flow, auditing techniques, SPC, RCCA/8D, 5 Why
● Knowledge of medical device quality and manufacturing requirements (ISO 13485 and FDA
CFR highly desirable)
● Experience of working alongside and managing global manufacturing partners across varying
time zones and cultures
● Flexibility to travel internationally to support audit and supplier on-boarding activity
● An ability to set expectations and stay calm and positive under pressure
● Clear and concise communication
● Ideally, time with a start-up that has gone through the scaling process
Excellent benefits package , great team and a chance to make a difference to peoples lives